LinkedIn is arguably the most important social media platform for lawyers. It allows them to connect with business people from around the world, which means that they can both advertise their services and reach out to potential clients with ease.
However, it’s not always easy to use LinkedIn effectively, especially if you don’t have a lot of digital marketing experience. If you want to get the most out of LinkedIn for either yourself or your law firm, then you need to carefully optimise your profile and streamline your approach. Consider the following tips to help you on your way:
- Make sure that you’ve got a strong, accurate profile
The key to becoming successful on LinkedIn is making sure that your profile is accurate, detailed, and full of information about you and your services. As a lawyer, you should list things like:
- Your professional experience, including any high profile cases that you’ve successfully taken on.
- You education, including any post graduate studies that you’ve done that have allowed you to specialise.
- A small amount about your personal life to allow potential clients to connect with you on a personal level, even if they’re not really interested in your personal life at all.
- Make sure that you actively reach out to people
Now, it’s important that you don’t fall into the trap of waiting for people who want a lawyer to reach out to you via your LinkedIn profile. If people comment on, like or share your posts, then consider sending them a short message introducing yourself.