LinkedIn is arguably the most important social media platform for lawyers. It allows them to connect with business people from around the world, which means that they can both advertise their services and reach out to potential clients with ease.
However, it’s not always easy to use LinkedIn effectively, especially if you don’t have a lot of social media marketing experience. If you want to get the most out of LinkedIn for either yourself or your law firm, then you need to carefully optimise your profile and streamline your approach. Consider the following tips to help you on your way:
- Make sure that you’ve got a strong, accurate profile
The key to becoming successful on LinkedIn is making sure that your profile is accurate, detailed, and full of information about you and your services. As a lawyer, you should list things like:
- Your professional experience, including any high profile cases that you’ve successfully taken on.
- You education, including any post graduate studies that you’ve done that have allowed you to specialise.
- A small amount about your personal life to allow potential clients to connect with you on a personal level, even if they’re not really interested in your personal life at all.
- Make sure that you actively reach out to people
Now, it’s important that you don’t fall into the trap of waiting for people who want a lawyer to reach out to you via your LinkedIn profile. If people comment on, like or share your posts, then consider sending them a short message introducing yourself.
- Make sure you share visual content
LinkedIn is like any other social media platform in the sense that visual content is the key to success. This means that you need to make sure that you’re using things like images and infographics regularly.
- Make sure that you network
Join groups, connect with other lawyers in your area and don’t be scared to reach out to other lawyers who you’ve met or been introduced to in the past. Networking is one of the keys to small business success – especially in law related fields – and LinkedIn is a great networking tool to use.
- Make sure you share high value content regularly
I would recommend writing regular blog posts on your personal or law firm’s website and then sharing them to your LinkedIn profile. This should result in more traffic for your website and – potentially – more clients.
LinkedIn is an extremely useful tool that is used by lawyers and law firm marketing experts throughout the world. However, it can be difficult to get the hang of, which means that you need to pay special attention when setting up your profile. Make sure that you’re active regularly, and don’t be afraid to use LinkedIn as the great networking tool that it is!